Advice and Principles
Here are things I believe in and try to always remember in life. Take what you need, make your own opinion, and always remember to educate yourself.
Life in general
- Never take a decision when you’re angry, never promise when you’re happy
- Don’t promise a lot, but keep the promises you make
- Time heals a lot of things
- You create your own weather
- The more you postpone something, the less you are likely to ever finish it
- People talking in your back are in your back for a reason. Learn to not care
- Knowledge is what is left when you can’t remember anything
- If you don’t shoot you’ll never score
- Never compare your life to others
- Most of the cliché cheesy quotes your read online about life are true
- Change is real only when it comes from the inside
- If you want a cat, ask for a tiger
Work and success
- If it was easy, everybody would do it
- Everyday you keep going, hundreds of people quit
- You will never change anything in your life until you do something daily
- Success takes so much time, there’s no shortcut
People and relationships
- Your relationships are the heaviest component in your life. Make sure you choose them wisely
- Treating everyone you meet the same way is a skill mastered only by a few truthful people
- Honesty is underrated
- Don’t have serious conversations online, it’s never the right way to deal with feelings
- Change only happens when you’re willing to create true inner change. People will be able to tell if you fake it
- Don’t be condescending
- Don’t judge people, you don’t know them
- Look people in the eye when you talk to them
- Listen more than you talk
- Compromise is underrated
- Always think of money as a time consuming resource. The end goal is to spend as little time making as much as possible, with first a lot of work, always within the law and preferably in the most honest manner.
- If a monkey flips a coin a thousand times and at some point gets 20 tails in a row, people will say “what a lucky monkey”. But if an investor profits from 20 lucky stocks in a row, people will say “what a genius”.
- Either stop spending 5 dollars a day at Starbucks, or find a way to make an extra 5 dollars a day.
- The only reason people think they need a million dollars is because they want to live like millionaires. The goal should be to be able to get by and live a useful life.
This list is updated when I find the need to do so.